5 Things You Didn’t Know about Austin
The residents of Acacia cliffs have to be be by far the smarted residents in all of Austin! Why or how you ask? Easy,because we chose the best place to live, Acacia cliffs. Now that we have tooted our own horns, lets just think about something. How much do we really know about Austin? What is the history of Austin? Of course we know the basics, well at least hopefully we do; but what about those little interesting facts that aren’t talked about all the time. Shouldn’t we as Austin residents know those things too? Well here are 5 things you didn’t know about Austin, check it out and see how well you really know Austin!
- Austin capitol building is 7 feet taller than the capitol building in Washington D.C., making it the largest capitol building in the United States.
- Austin has the largest urban bat population in North America.
- The Colorado River runs through downtown Austin. (Yep! Lady Bird lake is really the Colorado River)
- The moon towers in the movie Dazed and Confused were built in the late 19th century – 17 of them still exist today. Austin is the only city in the world to still use moon towers.
- (Here is an easy one)- Austin is known as the live music capital of the world.
So how did you do? Do you know of any other interesting facts about Austin? If so share your facts on our Acacia Cliffs Facebook page!